I decided to make a pretty fabric cover for my notebook, so I finally made use of the lovely Jessica Jones fabric I got a while back.
I used this tutorial, which was pretty easy to follow. I omitted the elastic band, and added a ribbon bookmark.
This is the inside, and notebook just slips into the side flaps, which are also handy for the bits of paper I always seem to collect.
Here’s Sakthi’s top tip she wishes she’d thought of before the event:
When you measure round a hardcover notebook, check just how wide that hard cover is. And if your measurement comes out as 11 and 7.5 eigths of an inch, just round up! I really should’ve added about another eight of an inch on top of that for the cover width! As you can tell, it was a bit of a squeeze, but we got there in the end. And cotton stretches…
Next up was a business card holder. I’ll be at a conference next week, but generally my little business cards don’t get to come out and play very often so they might as well live in a pretty place.
This tutorial was nice and straightforward. Instead of fusible fleece I just used regular iron-on interfacing for both the top and lining pieces, although I do like the slightly puffy, squidgy feel you get with the fleece. If I do this again I might try using a piece of batting, or even a flat layer of toy stuffing.
And here it is filled up.
The inside pocket fabric is from an old pair of trousers, and I’ve got some pretty good sewing use out of them. Also, I was very pleased that I managed to find the spare button that came with the trousers, which matches the fabric exactly. Gotta celebrate the small achievements.